The Safe Pass Programme was developed following an initiative by the Construction Industry Training Committee and incorporated into the Construction Safety Partnership Plan.
The Health and Safety Awareness Training provided under the SOLAS Safe Pass Programme complies with the provisions of the:
- Safety, Health, and Welfare at Work Act 2005,
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, 2007.
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
Cenit College is an approved Safe Pass Training Organisation.
The aim of the SOLAS Safe Pass Programme is to:
- Raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry
- Ensure that, over time, all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training to enable them to work on-site without being a risk to themselves or others who might be affected by their acts or omissions
- Issue a SOLAS Safe Pass Registration Card to those who successfully complete the programme which informs employers that the card holder has attended a formal course in health and safety awareness.
Construction workers are bound by law to hold a valid Safe Pass Registration Card.
The cost of this 1 day classroom based training is €100.
- Instructor-led classroom based training by a approved Safe Pass tutor
- All syllabus comprehensively covered as ratified by Solas
- Course notes
- Preparation for the Safe Pass assessment (sat at the end of the day’s training)
Fee includes the Safe Pass registration and Safe Pass registration card (that is posted to you after successful course completion) and valid for 4 years
Module 1 : Site Safety and the Construction Worker
- Introduction to Site Safety
- Legislation and Site Safety
- Site Accident Reporting
Module 2: Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
Module 3: Implementing Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment for Heights
- Risk Assessment for Excavations
- Risk Assessment for Electricity
Module 4: General Site Safety
- Site Safety and Construction Equipment
- Site Safety and Construction Vehicles
Module 5: Personal Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Noise and vibration
- Manual Handling
- Personal Health and Welfare
This is a multiple-choice assessment completed at the end of the days tuition.
SafePass is coming soon, please follow our social media profiles to hear our latest updates.