Welcome to Python Programming!
Python is one of today’s most popular programming languages and is being adapted by millions of software developers across the globe. It has a clear, simple syntax that makes it relatively easy to read and understand. It has many applications – from web and game programming to data analysis, data mining to scientific computing, artificial intelligence and more, which are fuelling its popularity.
This 100% online Python course is designed to provide the skills to begin a career as a Python software developer, equipped to take advantage of all these opportunities.
Our course provides a fast, effective and professional way to learn Python, whether you’re a beginner or have years of experience.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn Python. If Python is your first language, it helps you master all the skills and concepts you need to program in other computer languages as you learn Python itself. If you’re an experienced programmer who wants to add Python to your resume, this course will help you learn Python faster and better than you’ve ever learned a computer language before!
Absolutely no prior experience in programming is required to undertake this programme.
What is Python?
Python is an object-oriented, high-level programming language for web and app development. Python is one of the easiest computer programming languages to learn and most in demand in the IT sector. Python can be read and translated much easier than other languages. Python supports the use of modules and packages meaning that programs can be designed in a modular style and code can be reused across a variety of projects.
It is used for:
- Web development (server-side)
- Software development
- System scripting
What can Python do?
- Be used on a server to create web applications
- Be used alongside software to create workflows
- Be used to connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files
- Be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics
- Be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development
- Works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc)
- Has a simple syntax similar to the English language
- Has syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages
- Runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick
- Can be treated in a procedural way, an object-orientated way or a functional way
Python Syntax compared to other programming languages
- Python was designed for readability, and has some similarities to the English language with influence from mathematics
- Python uses new lines to complete a command, as opposed to other programming languages which often use semicolons or parentheses
- Python relies on indentation, using whitespace, to define scope; such as the scope of loops, functions and classes. Other programming languages often use curly-brackets for this purpose
This is a 100% online course. No other books, notes or software are required.
The cost of the course is €99.
- Course designed and content produced by an experienced Python trainer and IT Manager
- Over 70 hours of instructor led videos
- Downloadable sample exercises
- Online tutor support for queries, clarifications, questions and answers
- Preparation for Microsoft’s Introduction to Python Programming (Exam 98-381) if desired
The course assumes no prior knowledge of programming, only familiarity with the general use of a computer.
The course covers:
- Getting your computer ready for Python Programming
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Using an Integrated Development Environment
- Control Structures
- Tuples, Lists, and Dictionaries
- Exception Handling
- Strings Manipulation and Regular Expressions
- Object-Based Programming: Classes and Data Abstraction
- Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Graphical User Interface Components: Part 1
- Graphical User Interface Components: Part 2
- File Processing and Serialization
- Python Database Application Programming Interface (DB-API)
- Process Management
Upon completion, a Certificate of Completion from Cenit College will be issued.
This is a standalone course, but if desired, the material covers sufficient material for Microsoft’s Introduction to Programming Using Python (Exam 98-381). This is an online multiple choice exam. Information and booking of this exam can be found by tapping the button below.
As an IT technical trainer, he teaches a wide range of courses and provides mentoring for software developers at all levels from novice to experienced senior software professionals. His software development and training work complement and enhance each other.
He holds vendor certs in almost all the technologies mentioned above from Oracle, Microsoft and others along with holding a M.Sc. in Advanced Software Engineering.
Python Programming (Online – One Year Access)