*Blended – Weekly classes to be hosted and recorded on Zoom, small class sizes and in-class revision sessions to be held in Naas in April/May 2022.
The Accounting Technicians Ireland qualification is divided into two parts, each of which is a qualification in its own right.
- Certificate for Accounting Technicians (achieved after successful completion of Year 1’s 4 subjects)
- Diploma for Accounting Technicians (achieved after successful completion of Year 2’s 4 subjects + 2 years’ work experience)
Each part is a separate qualification.
Both awards are designed to address the strong market need in all Irish sectors for qualified Accounting Technician professionals, and also to support the continuing development of those already employed.
In order to progress to ATI Year 2, at least three Year 1 subjects (to include both Financial Accounting and Taxation) must be successfully completed (or be exempted from). It is not possible to commence Year 2 without meeting this criterion.
- Diploma (1 year, part time)
The Course is 1 year in duration. Completion of the Certificate Course (Year 1) covers the basics of accounting and business. The second year will build on that foundation and take you to a more advanced understanding of accounting and business.
After successfully completing the Year 2 exams (and subsequent 2 years work experience requirement), students will hold the professional qualification of Diploma For Accounting Technicians from ATI. Students are also eligible to apply for membership of the Accounting Technicians Ireland.
Further Studies and Exemptions
The Accounting Technicians of Ireland qualification is a fantastic stepping stone to further studies. Many students who wish to pursue further qualifications go on to become an accountant. Exemptions are available for many accounting bodies including the CPA and ACCA. Successful learners can further their studies with our sister company at www.studyonline.ie.
The tuition cost of this blended-based training is €1,385.
This can be paid:
- In full
- By issuing of a company invoice
Just click on the Buy Now and choose your option.
Please note, because of high demand for this programme, a place on the course is only secured once full payment is received.
The fee includes:
- Instructor-led classroom-based training by a team of experienced accounting trainers and practising professionals
- All syllabus comprehensively covered as ratified by ATI
- Comprehensive set of course notes
- Case Studies with fully worked solutions
- Mock exams, with solutions for each exam
- In-depth topic by topic exam tips and advice
- Online tutor support for queries, clarifications, questions and answers
The tuition fees are payable to Cenit College.
Additionally, students need to pay ATI directly:
- Registration Fee (payable at course start)
Students must register with ATI prior to course commencement (and pay the required registration fee to ATI). Please click on the following link to register.
- Course Manuals (payable at course start)
Relevant textbooks will also need to be purchased for the subject’s studying. These can be purchased directly from ATI
- Examination Fees (payable after course start)
More information on examination fees are available here
If you wish to purchase less than 4 subjects, please contact Colm Foley, Professional School Manager, email@example.com
The 2021 – 2022 syllabus is currently not available from ATI.
The Exams are held in June and August (repeats) each year. Students have 10 years over which they must complete the exams, however, the majority of students would complete the exams over 2 years.
Colm Foley | B.Comm, FCA, Msc Accounting
Colm is a graduate of University College Cork, University of South Wales and is a fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland (ACA). Having trained in practice as a chartered accountant, Colm went on to hold further roles in industry as a financial accountant.
In addition to lecturing ACCA/CPA/ATI students, Colm has also lectured at undergraduate and postgraduate level on Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Auditing courses.